| Good Morning First Church Brooklyn Friends and Family, The Session of The First Presbyterian Church of Brooklyn is pleased to announce that Rev. Dr. Danila Corinne Noble has been approved by the Presbytery of New York's Commission on Ministry to serve as our Interim Minister beginning January 1, 2024. Earlier this fall Rev. Noble was interviewed by the Personnel Committee of the Session, met with all staff members and after delivering a message on Sunday, October 29th, we unanimously approved offering her The First Presbyterian Church of Brooklyn Interim Minister position. We are excited to welcome Rev. Noble into our community and expect you will be too. Here is her message to the community. In Service, Barbara Cummings Clerk of Session A Message from Rev. Dr. Danila Corinne Noble: I am delighted to be invited to serve as interim pastor at First Presbyterian Church of Brooklyn and I look forward to joining in your work during this interim time as you discern God's path for your ministry and mission. I am a lifelong Presbyterian who grew up in Butler, Pennsylvania. I attended the University of Cincinnati College Conservatory of Music, and after teaching music at Wasatch Academy (PCUSA) in Mt. Pleasant, Utah, I attended Princeton Theological Seminary, Westminster Choir College (lessons and continuing ed classes), Columbia Theological Seminary, and Drew Theological School. I served as music director at several churches for 25 years and served 7 congregations over 33 years as installed associate pastor, interim associate pastor, installed pastor and head of staff, and interim pastor and head of staff. Making music with others is one of my passions and I am currently a member of the Queer Big Apple Corps Symphonic Band and the Queer Big Apple Corps Marching Band. I am married to Karen Noble who is a Presbyterian deacon and elder, who recently moderated the presbytery council for the Newark Presbytery and was trained in Conflict Transformation by the Synod of the Northeast. Karen is currently an executive coach and a veteran triathlete. We live in Brooklyn, and love to cook and bake, read novels and newspapers, explore and study positive psychology, enjoy travel, and entertain family and friends. We have 4 adult children and 6 grandchildren living in Chicago, Tucson, Brooklyn, and Bonnut, France. |
No comments:
Post a Comment